SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS is committed to protecting your privacy and safety rights while purchasing and using our products and services.
Note to Facebook. LinkedIn and Other Social Media Users
- This policy covers how SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS treats personal information that SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS collects and receives, including information related to any products and services available on this Website. Personal information is defined as information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, mailing address, email address, or other contact information, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS does not own or control or to people that SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS does not employ or manage.
- This policy does not apply to non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any lawful purpose.
Information Collection and Use
- You can generally visit our Website without revealing any personal information about yourself.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS collects personal information when you purchase a product from SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS, when you use any of SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS’ online services, and when you enter SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS promotions, discounts or special offer codes.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, alternate email address, zip code, and contact information. Once you register with SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS, you are not anonymous to us.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners and affiliates, including information about your use of the products and services that we offer.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS cookie information, and the page you request.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS uses information for the following general purposes: to customize our website, advertising and content; to fulfill your requests for products and services; to improve our services and customer relations; to contact you; and to conduct research.
- Persons under the age of 13 may not purchase SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS’ products or services. For products or services offered online, via Skype or e-mail, we ask that minors have a parent or guardian create a SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS account that will serve as a family account. For e-mail only plans, we ask that a parent or guardian serve as billing contact for the account.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS will not contact persons under the age of 13 for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS does not ask persons under the age of 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to use a given product or service under the family account.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS does not sell, rent, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide services that you have requested, when we have your permission, and under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners and affiliates who work on behalf of or with SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS. These companies may use your personal information to help SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS communicate with you about offers from SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS and our marketing partners and affiliates. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS’ Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS will not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS may set and access cookies on your computer.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS may let other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS’ cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information
- You can edit your SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS account information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS, such as service announcements, administrative messages and newsletters, which are considered part of your SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can choose to have SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS delete your record after account cancellation. Some information may remain archived in our system records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS account information is password-protected.
- In certain areas SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect sensitive data transmissions.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS encourages our clients to use SSH and SCP (secure Telnet and FTP) programs in order to better safeguard customer data.
- SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by posting a notice to our Facebook page or by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your SHEARWATER COFFEE ROASTERS account.
For California Users
- The California Civil Code requires a business with whom a California resident has an established business relationship to disclose to such residents, upon their request: (1) the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for the third party’s marketing purposes, and (2) the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared this information during the immediately preceding calendar year.
- If you are a California resident, and would like to make such a request, please submit your request via email to PRIVACY@SHEARWATERCOFFEEROASTERS.COM.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at PRIVACY@SHEARWATERCOFFEEROASTERS.COM.